To manage and develop Composites business sales at major existing & potential UK resin customers, with a particular emphasis on new business development of high added-value and profit potential activities, and long-term customer partnerships.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To lead the sales activity at small to medium sized targeted UK customers, in a professional and skilful manner, to achieve and improve planned and targeted sales volumes, margins and payment performance, within budgeted operating costs, whilst conducting business in line with Commonwealth principles, and implementing agreed national & European pricing policies, in line where needed with ISO9001 accredited procedures
- To forge strong personal links with key players at each account personally managed, ensuring strong and lasting technical and commercial partnerships.
- To support the UK Sales manager, as required at major resin accounts nationally across the UK, to ensure a high level of effective customer service is provided, and customer projects are appropriately resourced,
- To drive forward new sales development opportunities, within the existing UK customer base and with entirely new customer opportunities, based on the full range of products & resin technology manufacturing capabilities for the group, to deliver significant long-term profit and cash growth, working closely with marketing, technical, operations and market development teams as needed.
- To work closely with the Telesales Team Leader and Operations Managers, responsible for order completion and product despatch, to ensure excellent and cost-effective customer service is provided, including active membership and leadership if necessary of project and/or service improvement teams, and to ensure that accurate & timely sales forecasts are provided to enable efficient & cost effective business & operations planning activities.
- To play a full role in selected new product/business development/market teams, to ensure effective product launch and rapid margin generation from new product & market initiatives.
- To perform any other tasks reasonably requested to support the business activity and meet team and company objectives.Skills, Knowledge & Aptitude
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of data-management with an analytical approach to effectively use corporate databases/sales data and reporting processes.
- Effective pricing negotiation skills to with key customers, whilst still maintaining high level of customer commitment and long-term customer relationships.
- Knowledge of margin and profit principles.
- Ability to handle sales data confidently.
- PC proficient, with effective Microsoft Office skills and the ability to operate confidently in a computerised.
- Ability to track and record successful key account management and new business development.
- Effective people-management and coaching skills.
Qualifications & Training
- A Science based degree or equivalent qualification e.g. Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Material Science etc.