Currently looking for an admin assistant based in the Middlesex who has previous experience working for an Engineering company, ideally Fire & Security.
ABOUT THE CLIENT
My client has been established for over 25 years and are currently searching for good quality, reliable, knowledgeable and experienced administrative staff to build a dedicated and loyal permanent team.
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
- excellent organizational skills, ability to manage priorities and time efficiently
- effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with a good telephone manner
- ability to manage customer relationships professionally and courteously
- desire to deliver exceptional customer service
- good computer skills eg. emails and calendars, writing documents, using spreadsheets etc.
- motivated self-starter who works well autonomously as well as in a team
- ability to achieve a successful CRB check and 10-year security screening is essential
- a working knowledge of office administration activities relating to the fire and security industry would be an advantage, but not essential.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Reports directly to company Director and is the first point of contact for all staff and customers.
- Manages Preventative (routine) and Corrective (call-out) Maintenance activities, including logging events, arranging appointments with customers and scheduling engineers. Processes engineer dockets, ensures paperwork is accurate and complete. Liaises with sub-contractors/service companies as necessary, ensures supplier documentation is up-to-date, accurate and complete.
- Collects and collates monthly statistics and reports, including False Alarm Analysis, 4 Hour Log, Maintenance statistics and Alarm Receiving Centre reports.
- Issues NSI Certificates for completed installations.
- Applies for Police Response unique reference numbers (URN) where appropriate.
- Ensures accreditations are kept up-to-date eg. NSI Systems, Constructionline, CHAS, NSI Fire etc.
- Logs all staff holiday, sickness or absence and manages training activities.
- Maintains engineer call-out rota and ensures engineer diaries are updated.
- Monitors and orders company stationery and filing supplies.
- Processes all filing, archiving and shredding of company documents.
- Manages customer master files to ensure accurate record-keeping including database updates.
- Carries out meeting administration, compiling agendas, taking minutes and recording actions.