Role: Applications Chemist - Personal Care
Salary: £12.00per hour / 38hrs week / Monday - Friday
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for a candidate with a background in either Chemistry, Cosmetics Science to work a great Temporary opportunity for 9 months in the North West of the UK. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a Global Chemical Company based in Wirral to be trained and become an Applications Chemist. If you have experience working with Chemical Reagents or Formulating Cosmetic Products with either raw materials or finished products, please apply within!
- You will provide Technical Support to our client's customers including; using existing methods or designing and using new methods for generating data as requested by customers.
- Respond to Technical Enquires from customers or members of the sales team.
- Prepare reports and PowerPoint Presentations, for all customer technical support projects.
- Generate data for customer projects using various client software.
- Produce documentation / presentation of our clients finished products, support sales / marketing teams and customers on existing and future projects.
- Provide training to junior staff from Sales and Marketing in regard to client products (Full training provided on client's product list!)
- Write Risk Assessments and COSHH Assessments for Laboratory. (Full training will be provided for this)
- A degree in either Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Cosmetics Science or related subjects.
- Working with Chemical Reagents or Formulating, Formulating Cosmetic Products with either a Raw Material Supplier or a Finished Product Manufacturer.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with colleagues and customers.
- A good knowledge of relevant safe laboratory practice and COSHH.
- A history of technical report writing and a good eye for detail.
- A good knowledge of IT applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Possess creativity, self-motivation and the ability to work both in a team and under own initiative.
- For the position involving travel for visits to customers, etc, fluency in both English and French (both oral and written) would be a distinct advantage.