Salary - £ negotiable to exp
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Applications Engineer to join a world leading brand in specialist handling equipment for commercial vehicles.
We are looking for someone with a strong mechanical engineering background with experience of vehicle/automotive Manufacturing, working as part of the Engineering team and providing technical support to the Sales teams.
Successful applicants will:
- Be capable of working as part of a team
- able to manage projects across functional teams
- be happy liaising with other parts of the Business/Group, including occasional overseas travel
- Be comfortable to promote ideas, implement systems, processes, and products, and manage the discussion process to resolve any disputes and find the best outcome for all.
- A degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Automotive engineering.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; verbal and written
- Be fully conversant with CAE techniques and have a high level of design expertise using CAD through to the generation of detail drawings
- Experience in vehicle engineering, vehicle manufacturing or bodybuilding
- Good knowledge of the UK commercial vehicle sector, current status and on-going developments
- Good working knowledge of quality systems; ISO9001, and environmental accreditation
- Working knowledge of current health and safety legislation: safe methods of working, risk assessments, PUWER/ LOLER
If you would like to be considered for the position please click the link to apply, or contact Graham for some more information on the position.