ELECTRICAL FITTER - SITE SERVICES DEPARTMENT
The company is one of the UK's largest switchgear manufacturers and set the standard for LV Switchgear and Power Distribution. With around 50 years experience their expertise in switchgear and control systems remains a industry standard. With four manufacturing facilities on two sites in Nottinghamshire. They have a modern design, administration and manufacturing facilities.
Managing every process in house from concept design with end clients and consultants through to commissioning and service.
Following expansion of their products and services they are currently looking to recruit Approved Electrical Fitters - Site Services Department. Reporting to the Engineering Manager / Site Services Manager / Site Services Technical Supervisor / Site Services Engineer when carrying out site work related tasks, and to the Operations Manager when carrying out duties in manufacturing.
As far as is reasonably practicable and where required, you will be available to work outside of the basic hours and be available to lodge away from home overnight. Flexibility to start early and finish early / start late and finish late or work weekends for time off in the week will be required. Being available to work weekends as part of a normal working week with the options of time off in lieu during the following week or paid overtime will be required.
The role will require
- Installation, service and maintenance of all aspects of switchgear and control panels on site
- Provide close customer liaison during the completion of works, working to specifications and company quality standards as delegated by Site Service Engineer (SSE)
- Carrying out switchboard modifications and maintenance generally as part of a team and occasionally on your own
- Assisting the team to correctly interpret drawings
- Issue after service reports to SSE/Client where required
- Occasional working within the production facility
A full clean driving licence is required for this role.
Working hours will be 37.5 hours per week. This is anticipated to be worked as an average of 5 days in a 7 day period. Overtime paid on a daily basis in accordance with the agreements currently in force.