Architectural Technician - (Steel Structures and Facades)
Our client is a multinational company who provide sustainable products and systems in to the construction industry. They already have an incredibly established portfolio in facades however at such an exciting time they are now broadening their product range, expanding the facades and capitalising on the global mega-trend towards the urban environment and tall buildings and have recently given this as their focus by setting up a stand-alone division.
They have invested heavily in this new division of facades, a new Board, new management and are now looking for an Architectural Technician to join this rapidly expanding business.
If you are looking for an opportunity where you can join a brand new team, utilise all of your knowledge AND be a part of something genuinely career changing, this could be your next new role.
Your New Role
You will play an integral part of the Technical Department; producing working drawing packages using both portfolio and bespoke unit types.
You will provide a high level of technical service to Customers, Specifiers, Architects, Engineers, in the UK and provide technical support to offices around the world on UK manufactured products.
Technical Knowledge You Will Have:
* Knowledge of building physics with emphasis on thermal, moisture control and acoustics.
* Undertaking condensation risk analysis, overall U-Value calculations, acoustic predictions for varying build-ups using be-spoke software programmes.
* Structural knowledge relating to composite panels, rainscreen facades and their attachment. Calculation of wind-loads, to establish span capabilities of cladding and rainscreen systems and associated fastener requirements to BS EN 1991-1-4:2005.
* Calculation of snow loading/drifting on roofs to BS 6399 Part 3:1988.
* Experience in composite panel and rainscreen design.
* Produce both standard and project specific 2d interface details in AutoCAD.
* Calculations to establish gutter sizing and number of outlets/downpipes required to BS EN 12056-3.
* Knowledge of fire testing and approval relating to Loss Prevention Certification Board, Factory Mutual, and UK/ European fire test methods.
* Knowledge of UK Building Regulations with a focus on Part B, Part L, section 2 and section 6.
* Knowledge of weather test methods, including CWCT.
* Produce standard and project specific NBS format specifications and specification support to internal sales/specification Managers and direct to Specifiers/Architects.
* Have the ability to break down a problem and generate a solution.
* £30,000 - £35,000
* Generous Annual Bonus
* Early finish on a Friday
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* 24 days holiday plus BHs
* Fantastic onsite facilities
* Close to local amenities
* Onsite secure parking
Please click on the link to apply, ensuring all your contact information is correct and that your CV is fully up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager