SALES ENGINEER - NORTH WEST ENGLAND
An international manufacturer within the water treatment and air purification industry is now looking for a Sales Engineer to join their team.
They are a leading global manufacturer and supplier of activated carbons, filter aids, innovative treatment systems and services. Dedicated to purifying the environment, they offer over 100 different types of activated carbon for a variety of applications. they have specialist facilities for carbon reactivation where they can provide bespoke recycling for most water and food activated carbon, and have the expertise and capabilities to provide world class value to their customers everyday business needs.
Responsible for the maintenance and development of sales in territory for the defined products and services. You will be working in a team of 4 across the UK. Key responsibilities include;
* Develop the sales plans for defined responsibility and achieve the annual sales target.
* Provide an accurate monthly sales forecast for defined responsibility.
* Maintain a high level of awareness of responsible existing and potential customers and develop contracts with new customers, promoting at all times the best possible company image.
* Provide technical and commercial offers and solutions to resolve problems and win new business.
* Acquire an in-depth knowledge of clients' technical and commercial demands and develop a thorough knowledge of company's products and services.
* Recognize and communicate sales opportunities, maximizing price and terms realized for services and products offered.
* Achieve a minimum number of meaningful sales calls, and prepare a time and territory plan
* Actively work as a team with sales and technical colleagues, providing back up as required.
* Provide monthly reports, call reports and ensure that sales contact data is current
* Manage and minimize level of personnel expenditures during business travel.
You will be an experienced and professional Sales Engineer, able to work autonomously and well within a team. You will also;
* Have a University degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering or equivalent
* Have experience within the Water Industry
* Effective communication and negotiation skills
* Proven track record of closing sales and growing a territory
* Able to work from their Wigan office 1 day a week and out on the road the remainder of the week
* £35,000 starting annual salary + Annual Bonus
* Company Car with fuel card
* 4* Death in Service
* Company Pension of employee 4% employer 8%
* 25 days annual holiday + 8 bank holidays