Area Sales Manager
The Area Sales Manager's objective is to grow the sales in the area by developing new prospects and growing existing customer's sales. They will be fully accountable for sale revenues in their areas. They will call on existing or potential customers to explain the footprint & solutions (Return to base, on site, Embedded) and the advantages of using us as a "one stop shop".
Essential Duties/Areas of Responsibility
- Manage a sales territory and demonstrate excellent discipline in identifying sales targets, client call ratios and conversion ratios.
- Lead tender processes for his / her areas
- Report on status of competition encountered (technical and price performance)
- Demonstrates consistent urgency to accomplish organisational objectives both internally and externally to Company
- Makes regular use of Company capabilities and innovations when presenting to new or existing customers
- Demonstrates on time reporting, calling the decision makers, an effective weekly call schedule, proper follow up and lead generation for the Company and his/her territory
- Working with UK senior management team, sets and monitors sales objectives to achieve Group/UK goals
- Submit reports and forecasts as requested by the UK Sales Director on a regular and prompt basis
- Provide information to internal departments so that quote generation can take place without delay to maximize the potential of the sales lead
- Assist in the settling of issues that relate to his/her customers. This may include issues with TAT, pricing, quality etc.
- Participate in local, regional, national and Global trade shows as required
- Be able to demonstrate a minimum of five years' experience in the development of sales
- Knowledge of the calibration market is highly desirable - Electrical Instrumentation experience or mechanical, dimensional, force torque, OEM's
- Must have excellent analytical and organisational skills with verbal, written persuasion and presentation skills, and be detail orientated
- Excellent analytical skills relating to client spend trends
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Power Point is essential, pus a good working knowledge of the use of CRM systems e.g. V Tiger
- Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with all internal departments and provide support and development for the site based sales functions such as the CSR teams
- Must be able to operate in a fast paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Previously sold a service
The Ideal Candidate will be:
- Steady under pressure with the ability to multi task
- Ability to meet deadlines and targets as the role is results driven
- Must have a full UK clean driving license
- Must be self-motivated with a passion and a desire to succeed
- New Business Development experience is essential
Russell Taylor is acting as an Employment Agency and has full authority to advertise this position.