£18,000 - £22,000
Working as a vital part of the Asbestos testing team you will be joining a Global organisation who are growing rapidly and expect growth to continue into 2019 and beyond. The successful Candidate will gain furthered experience and training working in an UKAS accredited lab; and the chance to shine/develop as the company grows.
As an Asbestos Analyst it is your job to:
- Analyse soil samples for asbestos in soil and carry out % compositions and water absorption tests.
- Prepare samples (weigh, bag and order) and consumables (cut plastic) ready for asbestos analysis on a daily basis.
- Use LIMS to create a daily work list.
- Ensure all work completed is according to UKAS and internal QMS requirements.
- Analyse bulk asbestos samples and ensure you complete monthly Asbestos QC checks.
- Regular calibration of instrumentation.
- General laboratory housekeeping.
- P401 qualification is essential to be considered for this role.
- P403 experience would be considered (with P401).
- Previous experience of testing soil / bulk samples.
- Previous experience in weighing and hand picking samples.
- Previous experience of in house fibre testing.
- Experience of working in a UKAS Accredited Laboratory
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Organised and computer literate.