Asbestos Analyst, Contract Testing
Salary: £22,000 - £23,000 (company pension, life assurance and other benefits)
Hours: Days, Monday - Friday 9:00- 17:00
Our Client, a Global Testing company who are expanding; is looking for 3 Asbestos Analysts to work at their modern testing site on the outskirts of Cambridge.
- Preparation of samples as identified from work schedules.
- Undertake the analysis on a wide range of materials for asbestos including bulk material, soils and waters.
- Enter results onto LIMS to assist with the generation of accurate and timely data in line with client expectations and UKAS standards.
- Assist with the development of UKAS accredited quantification methods
- Assistance in the maintenance of QC and sample data in an accurate and ordered manner in compliance with their quality systems.
- Assistance in maintenance programs for the Departments specific analytical instrumentation and any other analytical equipment used by the Department.
- Maintenance procedures shall ensure that instruments are kept in a clean and serviceable condition and that routine in house maintenance procedures are kept up to date.
- ESSENTIAL; Candidates must hold a BOHS/ P401 qualification and experience as an Asbestos Analyst.
- Strong Interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a wider team and at a fast pace.