Job title: Assay Development Team leader
Salary: Very competitive
Hours per week: 35, flexible starts and finishes, home working encouraged when possible
Are you an experienced bioassay scientist with leadership experience? Russell Taylor has a position available for an assay development team leader at an excellent employer; a large contract manufacturing organisation based in Manchester. We need a motivated individual with excellent people skills and industry knowledge looking to embark on the next step of their career. The team specialises in the development of bioassays
- Leadership of a team of ca. 4 people, planning resource and identifying improvements, providing scientific expertise in the areas of work. Providing guidance and mentorship of junior staff
- Deliver optimised assays and workflows ready for design transfer and performance evaluation, collaborating to support innovation, automation, design transfer and validation where required
- Diagnosing, including root cause analysis, for technical issues with the bioassays
- Ensure own work and work of team is in line with company goals and ethos
- Planning and reporting of activities and ensuring reports are accurate and detailed.
- Degree or above in a life science such as molecular biology, biochemistry, or genetics
- Very experienced, typically 10+ years of relevant experience (microbiology, bioassays, IVD devices etc), including hands-on experience
- Previous supervisory or line management experience is essential; ability to manage a small team
- Expertise in the development, verification and validation of molecular IVDs and experience with ISO13485.
- Demonstrated drive and enthusiasm, willingness to take ownership and good organisation skills
- Excellent written communication skills, ability to write concisely.
- Knowledge of IVD and IVDR