- Technical review of assessment reports, the conduct of accreditation decisions and contract reviews.
- Participation in internal and external projects.
- To work as a lead and/or technical assessor (as applicable) for a defined caseload.
- Manage the accreditation of assigned customers to ensure that all assessments are effectively managed with completion meeting defined timescales, including the production and delivery of assessment reports.
- Select individuals with the appropriate skills and competence to create effective, competent assessment teams.
- Being the key contact point for all aspects of their relationship with UKAS.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to ensure customers are provided with necessary and relevant information regarding their activities with UKAS.
- Investigate and assist with resolution of complaints against UKAS or complaints raised by 3rd parties regarding assigned customers.
- Provide 'added value' guidance on how accreditation and assessment standards could be used by customers to support their growth and development.
- Have an awareness of the customer's financial standing and terms with UKAS, highlight and assist in the resolution of issues with outstanding debt.
- Ensure feedback on performance (positive and negative) is provided.
- Assist the Accreditation Manager in the review of audit findings and implementation of corrective and preventative actions.
- Assist the Quality Manager in conducting internal audits.
- Have relevant medical laboratory experience and sound technical knowledge in any of the range of the disciplines found within a medical laboratory.
- Be educated to degree level, or equivalent, in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, being able to effectively communicate with staff, management and clients at all levels.
- Ideally have experience in medical laboratory auditing or assessment with a mind-set of adding value.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the assessment activities associated with a range of medical laboratories and will involve assessment to ISO 15189.