Role: Assessor- Medical Laboratory
Location: Home Based with frequent UK travel
Salary: Highly Competitive
Russell Taylor has a fantastic to become an assessment manager for Medical laboratories operating over the UK. The role is to manage and perform quality system and/or technical assessments to evaluate the competence and conformity of customers against specified standards and UKAS requirements. To manage relationships with assigned customers throughout, in order to achieve delivery of objectives and meet customer expectation. Must have working knowledge and understanding of ISO 15189
- Technical review of assessment reports, the conduct of accreditation decisions and contract reviews.
- Participation in internal and external projects.
- To work as a lead and/or technical assessor (as applicable) for a defined caseload.
- Manage the accreditation of assigned customers to ensure that all assessments are effectively managed with completion meeting defined timescales, including the production and delivery of assessment reports.
- Select individuals with the appropriate skills and competence to create effective, competent assessment teams.A
- Being the key contact point for all aspects of their relationship with UKAS.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to ensure customers are provided with necessary and relevant information regarding their activities with UKAS.
- Investigate and assist with resolution of complaints against UKAS or complaints raised by 3rd parties regarding assigned customers.
- Provide 'added value' guidance on how accreditation and assessment standards could be used by customers to support their growth and development.
- Have an awareness of the customer's financial standing and terms with UKAS, highlight and assist in the resolution of issues with outstanding debt.
- Ensure feedback on performance (positive and negative) is provided.
- Assist the Accreditation Manager in the review of audit findings and implementation of corrective and preventative actions.
- Assist the Quality Manager in conducting internal audits.
- Have relevant medical laboratory experience and sound technical knowledge in any of the range of the disciplines found within a medical laboratory.
- Be educated to degree level, or equivalent, in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, being able to effectively communicate with staff, management and clients at all levels.
- Ideally have experience in medical laboratory auditing or assessment with a mind-set of adding value.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the assessment activities associated with a range of medical laboratories and will involve assessment to ISO 15189.