We currently have an amazing opportunity for an Assistant Buyer to join our client at the start of some very exciting times. Our client has continued to grow over the last couple of years and is looking to bring on an Assistant Buyer to sit within the Procurement Department to support the team with a wide range of procurement duties. With this role comes a fantastic opportunity for professional growth and career progression, including completion of the CIPS qualification, as the company looks to expand over the next 12-18 months.
This role is ideal for you if you are a well organised individual with a passion for problem solving. This is the perfect opportunity for you if you have previous experience of the purchasing or buying within the Engineering Manufacturing sector and would like to join a company where you can be part of a small time continuing to improve in all areas and support company growth.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Raising Purchase Orders, Coordinating Purchase Requisitions and monitoring supplier delivery dates.
- Expediting urgent and outstanding orders to support the Production, ensuring Delivery target are met.
- Developing effective relations with suppliers, partners and stakeholders
- Communicating any potential risks or issues to the Procurement Lead and working with all parties to resolve.
- Responsibility for daily purchasing activities as required including for site services, Production Composites Materials, other general commodity's
- Purchasing goods and services at the best Cost/Quality/Lead Time.
- Admin duties that arise from the above including; accurate maintenance of computer files, filing of quotes and purchase order duplicates, up to date records of NDA/SDR and Vendor Assessments
- Provide weekly task reports
- Assist the Procurement Lead in developing suitable supplier relationships and reducing inventory
- Identify and deliver cost saving projects across direct and indirect spend
- Support the new development projects and ongoing business growth.
Skills you will have to be successful in your new role
- Hardworking and enthusiastic individual.
- A keen team player who is willing to support other parts of the business as and when required.
- Previous experience of Purchasing within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of MRP systems
- CIPS/Degree in relevant subject or time served experience in a similar role.
- Experience of Engineering, Automotive or Aerospace industry
- 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holiday
- Christmas Shutdown
- Healthcare and Dental cover
- Employer Pension contribution up to 6%
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Access to all on-site facilities