Looking for an Assistant Buyer to take on a full-time contract role based in Rosyth, Scotland - ideally should have a couple of years of experience in an Engineering/Manufacturing sector buying role - preferrably; Aviation, Automotive, Defence, Marine, Nuclear, Shipbuilding etc. Must be able to obtain Baseline Security Clearance.
To establish and maintain a good working relationship with Suppliers and where necessary with Customers, such that they would wish to receive and place future business
Perform all tasks involved in the formation and administration of Purchase Orders, Purchase in accordance with the Company Quality Procedures
Communication with Suppliers, Contractors and Personnel
With the assistance of the central procurement team, you will need to form and issue purchase orders/contracts by performing the following:
- List of Bidders
- Issue request for quotation and where necessary any pre-qualification requirements
- Receive bids and co-ordinate questions from bidders
- Evaluate bids commercially, and issue bids to the appropriate personnel for their technical evaluation
- Participate in selection procedures with appropriate technical and project assistance
- With guidance from Team Lead carry out commercial negotiation on the preferred bidder, where possible agree package deal if this supplier can be used on multiple projects.
- Prepare purchase orders
Administer all Purchase commitments by performing the following functions:
- Initiate follow-up actions with the supplier or in-house project group to ensure performance in accordance with contract terms and conditions
- Prepare monthly report for Team Leader on the performance of each of your suppliers.
- Participate with Engineering and supplier representatives in discussions held to clarify contract/order documents and/or specification requirements. Identifies, defines, and secures agreement regarding potential changes
- Review, acts on, and/or recommend specific action involving contract termination's, claims and disputes, all in accordance with delegated authority
- Assist project Procurement team when instructed in solving and attending to administrative problems on commitments involving high monetary expenditure or risk, engineered technical specifications or supplementary commercial conditions.