Salary: Competitive (includes evening rate)
Hours: Days and evenings (not nights)
Russell Taylor are currently recruiting for one of the world's leading Polymer manufacturing companies based in Manchester. The role is to assist in the development of coating formulations and to monitor the performance achieved. The successful candidate will gain furthered career progression on the coatings/polymer and formulation side and given the chance to work for a massive manufacturer with lots of career scope.
- Assisting in the development of coating formulations utilised, and to monitor the performance achieved. Assisting the Chemist with detailed and formatted plant specifications.
- Ensuring all documentation and samples are maintained in systematic formats.
- Assisting the Chemist in the development of new products.
- Ensuring all relevant testing work sheets are followed and completed.
- Responsible for the correct implementation of recipes and procedures of both the Mixing and Flocculation Plants.
- Ensuring correct training with the Production Managers and operators in safe handling where applicable.
- Assisting in the introduction of new formulations, products and procedures, on the coating and mixing plant.
- Assisting the Chemist and Q.C. Manager with Q.C. systems and procedures within the laboratory and production departments.
- To have a detailed understanding of the systems and operational running of the mixing department and colour kitchen.
- HNC/BSc in Chemistry or polymer science
- Have previous experience of working in a laboratory environment.
- It is essential that applicants have strong experience of colour chemistry and coatings and will ideally come from a previous polymer background.
- Textile industry knowledge is desirable but not essential, as full training will be provided.
- Must be able to do shifts late work (not nights)
- Recognised qualification in associated chemistry.
- Extensive knowledge of coating chemistry and application thereof.
- Previous managerial experience in a technical environment would be beneficial.
- Evidence of strong analytical skills.