ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER - CHISWICK - £35,000 - £50,000 + BENEFITS
Our main contractor client operate within the Southeast on new build and refurbishment projects up to £10 million in many sectors including health, education, residential, ecclesiastical, and commercial. With a sustained upturn in projects are looking for an Assistant Project Manager to join the team to managed a number of projects concurrently between sites in London and their office near Chiswick. This role may suit a site manager wishing to progress into project manager As Assistant Project Manager you will ensure that a project is delivered to meet the company's requirements in respect of health and safety, customer satisfaction, cost, profitability, time and quality and will strive, through continuous improvement, to exceed best industry standards. You will also be required to develop client relationships with a view to generating future contracts with them.
Overview of Role
- To prepare construction programmes and continuously review progress, making updates as appropriate.
- To ensure quality, safety, programme, environmental and cost plans are implemented and used to control the project via regular progress monitoring/reporting against plans.
- To produce Plans such as; Site Waste Management, Environmental Management, Construction Environmental Weekly Checklist & Environmental Emergency Response Plans.
- To ensure that all sites appropriately reflect the company image at all times.
- Work closely with the project surveyor to ensure the project stays on budget.
- Managing the subcontractors appointed on the project and ensuring they each deliver on time and within budget
- Auditing and monitoring sites in respect of health and safety and along with the site agent to ensure the site is well managed from a safety point of view
- Produce monthly management reports on the contract status for the director
- Monitoring site progress in the form of weekly internal site meeting
- Reporting to the client on site progress in the form of contract site meeting
- Monitoring plant usage on site
- Overall responsibility for construction, through to the completion of the building, to the agreed programme
- Formulating and agreeing main contract programmes
- Control contractual correspondence and distribution of information
- Oversee preparation and issuing of Operating and Maintenance manual
- Attend post hand over review meetings
Key Skills / Requirements
- Education / qualifications to a level of NVQ 4, Degree, HND or equivalent experience
- A proven track record of practical site experience
- The ability to set strategic goals and produce plans to ensure targets/objectives are achieved.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and delegate, where appropriate, with a great attention to detail
- Experience of QA systems and processes
- Have commercial acumen and be contractually astute
- Excellent negotiation skills, with the ability to secure the best possible outcome for the business, whilst maintaining future client relationships
- An analytical approach to challenges and a positive approach to problem solving
- Driven to succeed, self-motivated
- Able to use key Microsoft Office packages
- First Aid
A great company with a forward thinking management team and fantastic career prospects. For more information and to arrange an interview send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and call Mike Morgan 07557037656