I am currently recruiting on behalf of a civil engineering contractor based in the greater Manchester area. They are looking to add an experienced assistant Estimator to the team.
Their core business comprises Groundworks/Civils on Commercial and Residential projects of various values, up to around £10m.
The ideal candidate will have already gained a minimum 2 years experience as an assistant estimator in a similar role, ideally within the civils/ groundworks sector.
Duties will include:
- Responsible for doing accurate take-off measurements from drawings
- Emailing and chasing up price enquires for materials and subcontractors
- Ad hoc administrative jobs such as printing, copying, filing and organising
- Pricing from Bill of Quantities / Drawings as required.
- Liaising with clients/ subcontractors/ suppliers
- Qualified to HNC in Quantity Surveying / Degree qualified in relevant area desirable.
- Previous experience working with a civils contractor in an estimating role
The successful candidate will be proactive and work to their own initiative, working as part of a team. This is an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Estimator to develop within a well-established and reputable contractor.
If you are interested in this position please apply now with an up to date CV or contact Aisling Groarke on 01517375560 for more information.