I am currently recruiting on behalf of a civil engineering contractor based in the greater Manchester area. They are looking to add an experienced assistant Estimator to the team.
Their core business comprises is Groundworks and Civils on Commercial and Residential projects of various values, up to around £10m.
The ideal candidate will have already gained a minimum 2 years experience as an assistant estimator/ or QS working in a similar role, ideally within the civils/ groundworks sector.
Duties will include:
- Responsible for doing accurate take-off measurements from drawings
- Emailing and chasing up price enquires for materials and subcontractors
- Ad hoc administrative jobs such as printing, copying, filing and organising
- Pricing from Bill of Quantities / Drawings as required.
- Liaising with clients/ subcontractors/ suppliers
- Qualified to HNC in Quantity Surveying / Degree qualified in relevant area desirable.
- Previous experience working with a civils contractor in an estimating or QS role undertaking the above duties
The successful candidate will be proactive and work to their own initiative, working as part of a team. This is an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Estimator to develop within a well-established and reputable contractor.
If you are interested in this position please apply now with an up to date CV or contact Aisling Groarke on 01517375560 for more information.