Assistant Land Buyer - Housing
My client are a 5 star house builder based in the Cheshire area and due to an increase in developments they are looking for an assistant land buyer to join their Land team. The Assistant Land Buyer will work closely within the Home's Division, reporting to the Land director and will be responsible for identifying, evaluating and securing sufficient land/sites for residential development.
The assistant land buyer they are looking for will assist in the preparation of reports and financial appraisals to allow land acquisition decisions to be taken and board reports/Land Acquisition Files to be prepared. The successful candidate must provide assistance in the identification of new land opportunities and research back ground and co- ordinate with external and internal sources to obtain correct information to support assessments of new land.
The Assistant Land buyer will liaise with land owners and agents regarding any new opportunity's, including completion and assessments of appraisals to establish appropriate land values. The Land assistant must maintain a comprehensive network of relevant contacts, particularly in the regional operating area and must have experience in gathering and processing relevant data/research to assist the Land Directors and help evaluate new sites. You will contribute to decisions with regards to which new land opportunities to progress and subsequent submission of land bids.
Skills and requirements
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Able to collate background information and accurately report on data.
- Identify and be aware of cost implications for site promotions and land acquisition.
- Effective, professional and personal communication and negotiation skills with the ability to operate at all task levels.
- Identifying time lines and co-ordinating input from different departments / agencies to hit deadlines.
- Follow standard approach to land assessment and develop innovative solutions to improve competitiveness.
- IT proficiency, MS office suite (including MS Excel).
- Flexible and adaptive management style.
- Generate ideas for improving processes.
- Numerate and conversant with Land Appraisal systems, budgets etc.
The above skill set is desirable but not essential as training will be given to the right candidate. However the role will be varied and deadline driven, so excellent prioritisation and organisational skills are essential.
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record within the house building industry and it is essential that you are a confident communicator, proficient with Microsoft packages, with ideally experience in a similar role/environment.
To apply please email your CV to Lauren.firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on 0151 737 5560