Assistant Project Buyer (Construction Manufacturing) FTC Mat Cover
£25,000 plus Bonus
Our client is a multinational company who provide sustainable products and systems in to the construction industry. They already have an incredibly established portfolio in facades and at such an exciting time have chosen to relocate their whole team to St Helens.
They are broadening their product range, expanding their facades capabilities and capitalising on the global mega-trend towards the urban environment and tall buildings and have recently given this as their focus by setting up a stand-alone division.
They have invested heavily in this new division of facades, a new Board, new management and are now looking for an Assistant Project Buyer to join this rapidly expanding business, to initially cover maternity leave. This is a 9-12 month FTC
If you are looking for an opportunity where you can join a brand new team, utilise all of your knowledge AND be a part of something genuinely career changing, this could be your next new role.
As our Assistant Project Buyer you will report into the Assistant Procurement Manager and will actively support and ensure the efficient running of the Procurement Department. As our Assistant Project Buyer, you will need to be able to effectively communicate with suppliers
and internal customer base.
Your new role will require constant liaison with project managers, designers and our Vendor base across many projects. You will have complete ownership of these projects and the supply chain process.
Your Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Responsible for procuring project materials within budget and project timescale.
* To ensure all design sheets are placed in a timely manner with the right vendor at a competitive price.
* Responsible for raising purchase orders.
* Highlight any design changes and ensure they are re-costed appropriately.
* Liaison with project manager and designers, as required.
* The ability to interpret a technical drawing, understand the requirements and then work with our supplier to source the required parts or materials.
* An understanding of end-to-end supplier management processes
* Maintaining the Supplier database/information and managing communication and receipt of terms and conditions supplier PQQs, Bribery policy letters and preapproval questionnaires as required.
* Invoice management and goods receipt
Knowledge, Skills and Experience You Will Have
* Ideally a degree or equivalent, related discipline or working towards CIPS.
* Relevant experience of working in Construction industry in a similar role.
* Previous experience in facades / Balconies / Balustrades is ideal but not essential.
* Basic Logistics management experience
* Inventory management experience
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Close attention to detail.
* Ability to multitask and manage a number of projects at any given time.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
* Proven track record in working in a team and across multiple disciplines.
* Appreciation of business demands and working to deadlines.
* Generalist experience in supply chain.
* 25 days per annum (3 or 4 days to be taken at Christmas)
* 8:30am - 5.00pm Monday to Thursday,
* 8:30am - 4:00pm Friday. Half an hour for lunch
* Contributory Pension Scheme
Please click on the link to apply.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager