Assitant Project Manager required working on a key Defence/Nuclear site.
Candidates will ideally be degree qualified however this is not essential
- Active management of the complete construction process at site level, with particular emphasis on leading safety.
- Establish and maintain safe systems of work as part of developing SHE programme and lead weekly SHE inspections.
- Be responsible and co-operate with the Project Manager to ensure work is planned and undertaken in accordance with the Project Safety, Health and Environmental Plan.
- Manage and implement the quality process in accordance with the Project Quality Plan, with a particular emphasis on defect avoidance and zero defects at completion to ensure Nuclear Safety.
- Plan, organise, implement, review and monitor procedures with respect to Environmental impact and maintain overall responsibility for the implementation of the Project Environmental Plan.
- Be proactive in controlling project costs and provide detailed reports on variances against weekly forecasts.
- Identify risks and opportunities, both technical and commercial, and take account of these in developing a strategy for successful project delivery.
- Manage and monitor the progress of work against realistic programme milestones and advise on measures to mitigate delay as necessary.
- Be responsible for contractual matters relating to the Contract and Subcontracts, for raising the necessary correspondence, change management and for record keeping.
- Ensure that subcontractor and supplier contractual programmes are within the required timescale, are regularly updated and effectively implemented.
- Be pro-active in obtaining permanent and temporary works design information within required time-scales and ensure that the information is cascaded as necessary. Effectively manage the contractor design elements of work to the same high standards.
- Liaise with third parties as necessary.
- Carry out any other reasonable project tasks as instructed by the Project Manager.