My Client is a well-established main building contractor looking to attract an experienced site based Assistant Quantity Surveyor to assist with their Manchester based schemes. Reporting to the Senior QS you will be working on a high rise residential scheme in Manchester valued in excess of £20m as part of a large commercial team.
The successful Candidate will have proven New Build/Construction experience working for a main contractor, with any High rise Residential experience a strong advantage. You must have experience of cost budgeting, contract administration, sub-contract procurement and ideally be qualified to Degree level in relevant subject area.
Duties will include:
- Assisting with monthly Valuations
- Assisting with preparing Bills of Quantities
- Carrying out Take Offs
- Monitor material and labour costs
- Communicate with project staff and sub-contractors regularly to ensure all commercial procedures in place
- Qualified to minimum of HNC In Quantity Surveying
- Degree qualified in relevant area desirable.
- Previous experience working with a main contractor
The successful candidate will be proactive and work to their own initiative, working as part of a large team. This is an excellent opportunity for an Assitant Quantity Surveyor to develop within a well-established contractor.
If you are interested in this position please apply now with an up to date CV or contact Aisling Ward on 01517375560 for more information.