Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Location: Cardiff (South West Region)
My client are a main building contractor that operate nationally from multiple offices around the UK. Due to an increase in work load my client is looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team in the Cardiff area.
You will be required to measure every material / quantities required for site by analysing drawings. Compare prices from different costs, chase subcontractors for prices and prepare subcontract orders for approval by QS / Senior QS. You will also be required to pass quotation costs to Senior Quantity Surveyor for authorisation, approval or feedback and Progress own minor contracts from commencement through to completion including undertaking all roles as done by a Quantity Surveyor requesting assistance where required.
To be considered you need hold the following:
- NVQ Level 3, A Level's, HNC, Degree or equivalent qualifications or equivalent experience
- Good knowledge including Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Strong attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on 0151 737 5560.