Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £25k- £30k plus package (DOE)
My client is a global main building contractor and developer, they have a large north west operation. Due to continued expansion they are now recruiting an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join the team. My client has a portfolio of large high-profile mix use projects ranging from £45million- £100million.
The successful Assistant Quantity Surveyor will ideally have site experience working for a main building contractor. My client's preference is those who are qualified with some post graduate experience, although this is not essential. As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will be proactive and work to your own initiative, working as part of the site team. This is an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to develop within a well-established high calibre contractor helping to deliver large scale projects. The scheme in mind will be delivering large scale residential, so previous experience of this would be advantageous.
Duties will include:
- Assist monthly valuations
- Assist preparing bills of quantities
- Assist carrying out take offs
- Assist the monitoring of material and labour costs
- Identify potential risk and opportunities to the project commercial lead
- Tier 1 contracting experience (desirable)
- Experience working on new building projects over the value of £10m (desirable)
- Residential (desirable)
- Site based experience on a similar project size/type
- Qualified to Degree level in relevant area desirable.
- Relevant Professional Qualification in Quantity Surveying or similar (BSc level or equivalent) or working towards.
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this position please send your CV to email@example.com or contact Amanda at Russell Taylor for further information on: 07585 967544