As one of the UK's leading providers of air movement and ventilation ductwork solutions, delivering projects throughout the UK ranging from Nuclear and Industrial Processes, to Healthcare, Retail, Commercial and Leisure, this company is dedicated to providing the highest level of quality and service for all its customers.
The delivery teams have gained considerable experience through working with a wide range of clients, encountering the most complex of ductwork designs and installations. We pride ourselves on being a proactive solution provider working with all disciplines, from concept to completion
Responsible for assisting with the overall day to day management of the commercial and surveying aspects of new-build/install, refurbishment and design and build/install projects.
- Assist on Manage/monitor/report on all commercial aspects of projects
- Attend handover meeting to receive project from estimating/sales dept.
- Assist with the management and produce/take off Bill of Quants (BoQ)
- Assist with the cost control document using information from final agreed contract pricing documents
- Participate in identifying areas of risk/scope and develop/monitor with the project team
- Produce valuations/applications/claims in line with contract requirements
- Identify and secure reimbursement of variations to the contracted scope of works
- Maintain positive cash flow and maximise profitability on project
- Develop and maintain accurate cost reporting/monitoring/forecasting for:
- Preliminaries vs. budget
- Manufacturing cost vs. budget
- Installation works vs. budget
- Design cost vs. performance
- Increased cost/market trends
- Produce monthly status report (CVR) including items listed above
- Produce accurate internal cash flows for projects in line with published timetable
- Produce accurate external cash flows for projects in line with contract requirements
- Formulate a working relationship with all members of client team
- In conjunction with project team, select/agree subcontractor & materials supplier enquiry list
- Register and acknowledge receipt of all project enquiries from potential subcontractors and suppliers
- Participate in procurement of subcontract works packages and any material/equipment ‘supply only’ packages
- Recognised qualification in Quantity Surveying or construction related subject, BSc Degree preferable.
- Minimum 2 years recent work experience relating to above role and responsivities
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of MS Office packages
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and logical skills
- Able to work accurately with figures
- Ability to work at various locations in NW Europe
- Full UK/EU driving licence
To find out more call Patrick from Russell Taylor on 0151 737 5560. Alternatively, email email@example.com