I am currently recruiting on behalf of a large General Build & civils contractor based in the Manchester area. They are looking to add an experienced Assistant Quantity surveyor to the team. On the civils arm of the business they have a portfolio covering Highways, structural works, deep excavation, major earthworks and Public Realm. They are looking for an Assistant QS with civils experience to work site based with the project team on a road improvement scheme in Manchester.
The successful Candidate will have proven civils/ highways experience. You must have experience of cost budgeting, contract administration, sub-contract procurement and ideally be qualified to Degree level in relevant subject area however candidates who are in their final year of studies in a relevant degree would also be considered.
Duties will include:
- Assisting with monthly Valuations
- Assisting with preparing Bills of Quantities
- Carrying out Take Offs
- Monitor material and labour costs
- Communicate with project staff and sub-contractors regularly to ensure all commercial procedures in place
- Qualified to HNC in Quantity Surveying / Degree qualified in relevant area desirable.
- Previous experience working with a main contractor
The successful candidate will be proactive and work to their own initiative, working as part of a large team. This is an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to develop within a well-established and reputable regional contractor.
If you are interested in this position please apply now with an up to date CV or contact Aisling Ward on 01517375560 for more information.