Due to expansion a successful global leading supplier of energy for homes and businesses are looking for an experienced Bid Manager to join their team.
The main purpose of the Bid Manager is to manage the process of compiling and producing high quality submissions in order to achieve contract wins. Deals can be valued anything between £100,000 - £5million. By winning work, the Bid team ensure that the company can maintain its success. The majority of work is focused on refurbishment of buildings, mainly housing, although both public and commercial buildings are important.
As a bid Manager, you will support the Bid Writers on day to day issues and works. The role involves managing your own complex bids whilst supporting other members of the team, providing assistance to all in the team.
- General management of the bid process, specifically in relation to written parts of a Bid submission.
- Effective planning, management and completion of allocated tender submissions through the various stages of the procurement process
- Planning, drafting, writing and coordinating responses to bids, with the ability to construct relevant answers in line with client's requirements.
- Build internal and external relationships
- Visit operational sites and other offices in order to gather information from other stakeholders and share information with the rest of the team
- Review bid submissions for quality and accuracy
- Update library of company standard SQ and tender responses (Boilerplate)
Previous experience in social housing bids is essential, as well as a familiarity with the industry as a whole. Other desirables;
- HNC/Degree, or Construction related qualification
- Computer literate in MSOffice
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Proven written communication skills
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and develop strong working relationships
- A skill that would add value, for example graphic design, expertise in Repairs and Maintenance bids, expertise in New Build bids etc.
- Experience of working on site
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global company at their North London offices.
Package includes £competitive basic + Car/Allowance + discretionary Bonus