BID MANAGER - WARRINGTON
A specialist technical consultancy within the Nuclear industry is now looking for a Bid Manager to join their growing team in Warrington.
Providing recognised expertise and multi-disciplinary teams to complex Nuclear projects, they work to the highest standards of safety and professionalism to deliver quality work to their clients. They utilise their expertise to address some of the most complex technical challenges in the nuclear sector, across decommissioning, defence, nuclear new build, medical, fuel-cycle and transport sectors.
Combining your best practice bidding techniques, with your relationship management and collaboration skills, you will lead the pursuit across the full life-cycle; right from the earliest stages of pre-positioning, through to the interview stage. You will design a bid programme, agreeing key deliverables, managing inputs from Subject Matter Experts and driving progress through to a winning submission. The Bid Manager will work collaboratively with technical leads, industry & market sector leads, joint venture partners, bid writers, graphic designers and the Major Pursuits leadership team.
* Facilitate face-to-face and virtual win strategy sessions
* Facilitate other key workshops/planning meetings, including answer-planning/storyboarding and key bid reviews
* Facilitate client interview/presentation rehearsals
* Promote a culture of success and drive the win strategy across the full pursuit life-cycle
* Oversee the bid writing process to maximise chances of scoring full marks
* Identify and brief contributors from across the business, joint venture partners and manage, motivate and support them throughout the pursuit
* Develop the requirements for each bid in a clear and easy-to-understand way
* Design and implement an appropriate bid collaboration model. e.g. co-location, virtual collaboration etc.
* Instil a culture where others share knowledge, insights and learning
* Promote the development of (a) people and (b) the behaviours and culture necessary to win, including supporting junior colleagues to develop their bidding skills
* Operate autonomously, resolving problems using an exceptional degree of ingenuity
Looking for a proven Bid Manager, with a strong background in Bid Project Management and Business Development, and can bring your experience to this growing team.
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
* Experience of an engineering consultancy
* Nuclear experience
* Ideally degree qualified