Bid Writer - Essex
My client are recruiting for a Bid Writer with previous experience of social housing bids,to be based in Essex, with relocation to Hertfordshire later in the year. This is a permanent full time role working Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm. On offer is a competitive salary, company vehicle and benefits package.
The main purpose of the role is to work in their London and South Regeneration (LSR) Bid team, managing the process of compiling and producing high quality submissions in order to achieve contract wins. Working on deals typically between £100,000 to £100 million plus in value. By winning work, the Bid team ensures that the company can maintain its success, with this region continuing to grow. The majority of work in the region is focused on refurbishment of buildings, mainly housing, although both public and commercial buildings are increasingly important. Reporting into the Bid Team Manager / Bid Manager.
Timescales to develop a written response can be anywhere between two weeks and several months which should set out their future approach and promises. The aim of the Bid Team is to succeed in all markets being focusing on. If the Bid team are successful, teams from other departments and operationally are then responsible for delivering the works.
The Bid team is responsible for general management of the bid process and, specifically, for any quality/ written parts of a bid submission. There is a dedicated Estimating team who are responsible for handling the pricing element of bids.
The department handles multiple deals (up to 20) at any one time, at varying stages of the tender process. Whilst individuals are given responsibility for individual deals, the ethos is to support each other and utilise the knowledge and experience throughout the team.
Bid Managers will support Bid Writers on day to day issues and works should this be required. The role involves managing your own, often complex and detailed, bids but also working with other members of the team, sharing experience and providing assistance and support to all inclusive of those in the team with less experience
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
* Responsible for the timely planning, management and completion of allocated selection questionnaires and tender submissions through the various stages of the procurement process
* Planning, drafting, writing and coordinating responses to bids. Be able to construct relevant answers which clearly answer the client's requirements, ensuring the company is in the best position to be successful in the process.
* Build internal and external relationships with individuals in order to create quality bids
* Visit operational sites and other offices. Gather information from other stakeholders and share information with the rest of the team, either through written reports or verbally, to record the visit
* Identifying opportunities to enhance and improve the process, whilst obtaining and sharing best practice with the team
* Undertake research for the team to improve bid content
* Develop and use creative approaches to the writing and presentation of bids
* Reviewing bid submissions for quality and accuracy
* Ensure the quality of the response meets the company standards
* Maintain a high level of market intelligence, legislative requirements and best practice in order to create winning bids
* Ensure accurate and up to date information is used in all submitted documents
* Updating a library of company standard SQ and tender responses (Boilerplate)
* Create / assist with PowerPoint presentations
* Provide administrative support as required
* Any other reasonable management request
Required Experience & Qualifications :
* Previous experience in social housing bids
* Industry knowledge - familiar with the industry as a whole
* Proven written communication skills
* Able to work effectively as part of a team
* Good at developing relationships with wide spectrum of people
* High level of interpersonal skills
* Able to communicate at all levels
* Ability to prepare and make a presentation to a small audience
* Educated to A level standard as a minimum
* Computer literate in MSOffice (Word is essential)
* You will occasionally visit projects and other offices - note that the position does include a company car
* A skill that would add value to the team for example a graphic design background; expertise in Repairs & Maintenance bids; expertise in new build bids etc.
* Experience of working on site
* Ability to confidently make an independent presentation
* Advanced skills in MSOffice including Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and InDesign
* Demonstrates an understanding of how actions taken and words spoken influence other people around
* HNC or Degree
* Construction related qualification