My client is a regional civil engineering contractor, they cover all areas of civil engineering. Water, Bridges, roads, structures. Due to continued growth the require a Bid Writer to join their successful, growing, work winning team.
It is a full-time position, based in Preston with flexible working options and an attractive salary and benefits package. You will be offered the opportunity to author bid content that articulates developed win themes, to support the submission of the highest quality bids to clients, within the public and private civil engineering sectors. You will support content creation, with market research and by liaising with other team members and technical specialists, to produce written content for bids, presentations and marketing material. This is a time-critical role that requires adherence to strict deadlines.
The main duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Confirm the requirements of individual bids and work to the deadline
- Participate in bid kick off meetings and key reviews, inputting into the proposal structure and deliverables programme
- Contribute relevant ideas for identifying win themes and developing bid submissions to the company's advantage in order to present the company's strengths
- Author, edit and proof-read bid submission documents for PQQs, tender bids and frameworks bids
- Take ownership of key topics, such as Social Value, Sustainability, Business Continuity and Process
- Present both technical and non-technical information, in a reader friendly way, highlighting the features and benefits
- Research the subject, client, sector or competitor and formulate strategies to differentiate and highlight our bids in comparison
- Provide style guides and writer instructions to all members of the bid team
- Creating a strong and effective contact network within the business
- Drive the continuous improvement of the Bid Library, including CV's and Case Studies
- Contribute to presentations and other materials for tender interviews etc.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role
The ideal candidate will have a strong academic background (degree level) in English Language or equivalent, with demonstrable experience of bid writing and work winning. Experience of working in construction/civils sectors is desirable but not essential. A capable and confident communicator with the ability to present thorough research via creative and persuasive writing, with the strongest attention to detail. A self-starter who can manage their own time, prioritise tasks and focus effort towards activities that will add value to ours bid and clients. Ambitious, people oriented, inquisitive, passionate, organised with the ability to build relationships quickly. Finally, you will have a proactive and flexible approach to changing circumstances and the evolving needs of the business.
To apply for the position please email your CV to email@example.com or contact me on 0151 737 5560.