Biomedical Engineering Graduate, Medical Devices Test Engineer (Electrical)
Location: Hull, site based
Hours: Monday - Friday office hours
Additional: Parking onsite, 33 days holiday, x4 life assurance, 6% matched pension, enhanced sick pay, cycle to work, discount codes/ vouchers
Our Client, a global Testing and Certification company are looking to grow their Hull - Medical Devices division and we are recruiting on behalf of them for a Biomedical Graduate, Medical Devices Test Engineer. The successful candidate will be part of a team of 8 Engineers and they have a career progression/ mapped career route with initiatives and training initiatives in place to ensure growth in the role. You will get second to non training and have the chance to work with some state of the art medical devices testing, calibrating and interacting with Key Accounts.
If you have a passion for Electrical testing and like to interact with people/ customers, then this is the perfect role for you!
- Supporting testing of electrical medical devices to key National and International safety standards (such as 60601-1)
- Generating technical test report which will be used as part of MHRA, FDA and other national regulatory certifications for medical devices around the world
- Supports the development of new technologies within a local laboratory
- Be accountable for accurate and timely release of testing data to customers including sign-offs of quality control data as acceptable
- Be expected to obtain guidance in non-routine situation testing
- Have the ability to oversee standard and/or routine technical problem solving activities
- Interact with customers on technical issues and questions
- Provide Input and support on business development opportunities with new or existing customers
- Carry out crucial examination and implementation of testing concepts and data
- Be adept at drawing on internal knowledge as well as industry and/or academic resources in reaching testing conclusions
- Will hold a Degree in a Biomedical or similar Electrical - Engineering based Degree (HNC/HND will be considered).
- Will have calibrated/ working on electrical equipment / or simulations in studies.
- Will have strong interpersonal skills and be confident interacting with customers.
- Strong IT background needed, being able to use various CRMs, LIMS, Microsoft Applications (LIMS/CRM will be taught).
- Happy with occasional trips to other sites.