Blow Mould Machine Operator
£22,000 to £24,000
3 Shift Pattern
As a Blow Mould Machine Operator you are required to make sure that the machines run efficiently and at capacity. You will be responsible, alongside the maintenance team, to assess and deal with any associated breakdowns of equipment or machinery
* To operate Blow moulding and stretch moulding equipment
* Operation of equipment including packing tables, leak detectors, metal detectors, conveyor systems and granulators.
* Ensure smooth running of the production line by identifying problems and correcting to ensure production targets are met with regards to volume and quality.
* To ensure machines are running efficiently to ensure material efficiency and reduce waste.
* To carry out both visual and physical Quality Assessment of product and determine if product meets specification
* To carry out prescribed preventative maintenance procedures on the machine to ensure optimum efficiency and Quality is maintained.
* Perform standard machine changes including material feed, colour, gas, neck and profile changes.
* Contribute to continual improvement groups focussed on both production efficiencies, Quality and Health and Safety.
Educational and professional:
* Experience in an mechanical fitting desirable
* Min 2 years production experience
* 4 GCSEs including Maths and English
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* Previous experience in plastics factory or similar fast moving production environment
* Previous Mechanical maintenance experience e.g. changing belts, setting pneumatic controls, performing major and minor changeovers, tool changes and machine set ups.