Role:- Business Development Associate (Scientific background required)
Location: - Greater Manchester
Benefits: - 24 days annual leave (+ option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year), company pension scheme, share incentive scheme, life assurance & cycle to work scheme
Our client in the Manchester area looking for a junior business development associate to join and support the sales team. The role will involve supporting the sales team leader to help with potential new business and to product interest from potential and existing clients.
If you have a commercial aptitude, able to pick up the phone, have energy, and are good with handling data and social media as well as hold BSc in Chemistry or a related science degree then please apply within.
- Interact with existing and potential new clients to develop relationships and increase client spends.
- Provide quotations and technical support
- Writing up regular LinkedIN posts/sales to help support sales team leader
- Do campaigns for potential clients and being able to convert them to increase business opportunities.
- Submitting and collating sales data in relation to client revenue and social media sales campaigns on a weekly & monthly basis
- Occasionally attend networking & exhibition events- so willingness to provide face to face sales is required.
- BSc Chemistry or equivalent science related degree
- Commercial aptitude
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to pick up the phone
- Able to handle date- able to use IT packages and have good social networking knowledge
- Ability to learn and absorb technical information and relay this information to others
- Able to meet deadline, handle pressure & time management
- Ability to work as a team but also independently
- Experience in a sales/marketing role would be desirable but NOT essential.
- Willingness to travel to client meetings, networking events and inter-company meetings