BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
A fully integrated infrastructure solutions business with over 25 years' experience is looking for a Business Development Director to join their team in Hull.
They provide innovative operations management, engineering services and energy management solutions to partners in high hazard, highly regulated industries. Their focus is improving operating performance of commercial and industrial facilities, with zero harm to people, environment asset and reputation. They do this by focusing on three key delivery areas: Operations & Maintenance, Engineering Services and Energy Trading.
Working from their site near Hull, they operate with a cluster of world-class chemicals and renewable energy businesses and are strategically positioned on the UK's busiest ports complex. It is a location of world-scale manufacturing, operational, engineering and service excellence and innovative technology.
Due to expansion they are now seeking a proactive senior business development professional to ensure continued success. Working with the management team you'll deliver a diverse range of responsibilities including
* Providing excellent customer service & internal/external promotion of the site and the wider business.
* Key Account management and development of proposals for existing and new commercial contracts and agreements.
* Proactive contact with new and existing clients to understand their issues, needs and requirements.
* Development of strategy ensuring continued growth and success including site master planning, effective marketing and promotion - at a regional, national and international level.
* Providing well considered and researched reports and recommendations to the senior management team on sales and marketing activities and development of the opportunity pipeline.
To be considered for this role you must have a business or engineering discipline qualification.
You must also have experience operating at a senior level in contributing to and delivering the following;
* Working in high hazard, 24/7 energy and/or process industry environments in a business development role. Including experience in:
* Identifying, generating and creating new business relationships & building upon existing ones to deliver contracts.
* Negotiating and delivering contracts with a value of £1M+
* Managing budgets with personal responsibility for budget performance (circa £100k+)
* Business promotion and marketing within a business, regionally and nationally.
* Working with business asset management teams to understand key operational, financial and commercial drivers & opportunities, enabling business understanding, development and growth.
* Completing data and market appraisals, due diligence, business reporting and presentations to internal and external persons and businesses.
This role is based permanently from their site near Hull, so to be considered for this position you must be commutable to this area.
Salary is negotiable dependent on experience.