Business Development Executive, Europe
A top performing NASDAQ listed business employing over 1600 people globally is now looking to expand its sales team. The company manufacture and supply diagnostic testing kits and services within food, drink and animal safety industries. Their innovative approach means they have gained a strong reputation for providing the best products and services.
Due to expansion, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Executive to join their Distributor division.
* Effective management of given territories and customers located in Europe, for the food safety product ranges.
* Develop given territories in terms of sales growth and broadening of the product offering and mix with particular emphasis on increasing microbiological products.
* Support, motivate and drive distributors by a process of selling skills, technical training, customer visits, presentations and providing logistical and other business- led solutions.
* Formulate annual business plan for the territory, prioritising customers, product lines and liaising with DM on allocation of appropriate costs.
* Travel extensively within the territory (approximately 30% of working time) as required to actively support distributors in the field, visit appropriate exhibitions and seminars and be fluent in public presentations.
* Liaise effectively with relevant technical support staff
* Assist with general financial management of the territory. This includes assisting with setting budgets, preparing reports as required and assisting administration with payment issues and invoice related matters.
* Report to Manager formally on a regular basis on activity and business environment.
* Be familiar with Order processing procedures and associated logistics.
* Actively monitor and maintain gross margins for the product portfolio represented to ensure that margins are sustained above acceptable levels.
* Maintain and update relevant distributor contracts
Looking for an experienced business development professional who is adept at building a strong network of Distributors across Europe.
Ideal background will be Life Science, Microbiology, or Food Safety.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing organisation. Company benefits include: service linked holidays, contributory pension scheme, complementary life insurance, share purchase scheme and competitive salary.