Business Development Manager – London based covering UK wide
My client is a leading and trusted provider of high-value engineering and construction services. Established for more than 50 years, they operate across the UK and European markets, working across a variety of industries including Pharmaceutical, Industrial Manufacturing and Power Generation. Uncompromising when it comes to safety standards, they hold health and safety and protection of the environment in high regard, adopting processes for continual improvement. Constantly innovating to ensure they remain competitive, they find custom solutions to the most challenging of environments and projects, ensuring the highest standard of quality for all customers. Due to expansion, they are now looking for a Business Development Manager to be based from London and cover the UK.
To develop and maintain extensive knowledge of engineering and construction market opportunities, challenges and trends for Industry and R+D. The person will identify business opportunities (projects and frameworks) and follow up all sales through to tender stage and after. Essentially, the role involves becoming part of the senior management team and to shape the future development of the company through building client relationships and meeting sustainable revenue targets.
- Prospect for new clients through networking, cold calling, advertising, attending trade shows
- Build relationships with key decision makers, gate-keepers and influencers associated with identified project opportunities
- Effectively account manage, building upon existing customer base
- Produce reports of pre-sales pipeline
- Ensure the completion of pre-tender documentation
- Utilise Salesforce CRM as primary BD activity management resource
- Degree qualified in Business/Engineering
- 10+ years serving Industrial and R+D sectors
- 3+ years sales and business development experience
- Expert knowledge of Industrial Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, and Public/Private R+D Sectors
- Strong track record of working successfully with end user clients, engineering consultants and main contractors
- Knowledge of market sector procurement approaches and sales cycle
- Salesforce or other CRM software experience is ideal
Aside from this, they are looking for an organised, driven, self-motivated and energetic individual who can provide exceptional service. Able to listen and understand client needs, and manage tight deadlines, must be able to work independently whilst also maximising team involvement.