Business Development Manager (Food Ingredients)
Location: Home Office
Salary - Circa £40k Basic, plus car, bonus, pension, healthcare etc. (OTE £60k)
Job role and purpose
Our Client is a well-respected distributor of chemical products and food ingredients. This role will report to the Division Manager and will be responsible for developing new business and maintaining and developing the relationship with existing accounts whilst seeking to broaden the range of products sold to these customers. The product range is focused on functional ingredients to be sold to food manufacturers across a number of market sectors, including - Dairy, Proteins, Savoury and Sports Nutrition. The role will be home office based.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:-
- Maintaining and developing existing business
- Finding and converting new business opportunities
- Development of new sales channels
- Working to achieve set sales targets / budgets
- Managing all aspects of the relationship with the customers
- Reporting, both for key suppliers and internally
- The ability to relate to customers, suppliers and colleagues at all levels.
It is essential that you are organised, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial. You are required to be results-oriented, and have strong commercial and communication skills. You will need to have:
- Several years' experience in field sales, selling functional food ingredients to food manufacturers (b2b)
- The willingness to travel nationally
- Experience of managing relationships with key customers and suppliers
- Knowledge of FMCG, Savoury, Brewing, Convenience or Free From categories is beneficial
- Product knowledge of Acacia, Fat powder, Sugar esters, Cacao or Inulin is beneficial
- CRM working practices
- Experience of budget and costings
- Competence with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Experience in the food ingredients distribution sector would be advantageous
A challenging position within a dynamic international organization. Our culture is enterprising and straightforward. In addition to a good salary and a company pension scheme, we offer a pleasant working environment in an enthusiastic team.