**PLEASE ENSURE YOUR DETAILS ARE CORRECT ON YOUR CV TO BE INTERVIEWED OR CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE**
Russell Taylor Are currently looking to speak to individuals who would describe themselves as, Entrepreneurial, Driven, Passionate and Money motivated for an opportunity to join a world logistics business based in Manchester. Someone with experience of freight forwarding would be of an advantage for this position.
Your new role will be designed to develop the international freight forwarding base delivering constant new customers, a strong pipeline and even stronger GP. You will be reporting directly into the Vice President of sales for Europe and will be required to be an extremely strong and confident communicator through all levels.
What you will be responsible for -
- Assessing customer requirements, managing the relationships, customer visits and preparing/delivering presentations appropriately to customers in order to close business.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails; ensuring that service to existing customer base in maintained, that there is a thorough understanding of the business and be proactive in generating additional sales through them.
- Identification of potential new company's and providing initial research data to the VP Sales for agreement on target customer base.
- Drafting of presentation, documents, correspondence and other items of literature such as mail shots, publicity items and brochures
- Conduct desk research on relevant and potential customers, driving initial contact with them in order to arrange meetings and discuss new business prospects.
- Responsible for maintaining and building up key contact opportunity pipeline/database.
- Responding to incoming email and phone enquiries
- To act as a contact as necessary between the company and its existing and potential markets
- Negotiating of new contracts the terms of an agreement and closing sales.
- Preparation of any new contracts, amendments to current agreements and ensuring correct internal authorisation is gained prior to finalisation of the agreement.
- Gathering market and customer information and feeding future buying trends back to the management
- Representing the organisation at trade exhibitions, events and networking events.
- Negotiating on price, costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers
- Challenging any objections with a view to getting the customer to move their business to the company
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions
- Creating detailed proposal documents and providing customers with quotations
- Reviewing and presenting your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets and goals set by VP Sales
- Attending team meetings and sharing best practice and sharing buying trends identified with colleagues
- Working together with the Company or Group's wider sales team and sharing leads appropriately and maximising opportunities for cross selling.
- Development of a sales strategies, including target companies, timeframes and setting of challenging and demanding targets.
- Utilising the companies CRM system to record all customer interactions and customer detail to allow for building of an accurate sales pipeline, recording all client quotations, opportunities and competitor relationships.
Generic information on all job profiles: -
- Any other duties which could be reasonably expected of you based on skills, position within the business, business knowledge or as agreed as part of a personal development plan.
- Any other reasonable requests.
Competencies/skills/Behaviours required for this role-
Job Knowledge/ Technical Knowledge
Teamwork & Collaboration
Knowledge Experience Training required for this role-
- At least 2 years operational experience in Freight Forwarding role or 1 years successful experience in a demonstrably similar sales role in Logistics in ideally both Air and Ocean freight.
- Minimum of 5 GCSES at C or above which must include Maths and English, some level of further education in a job related discipline would also be desirable.
- Customer and commercially focussed to deliver great service for appropriate reward
- Tenacious and able to deal with rejection and move on
- Creative when finding and converting opportunities
- Careful to ensure that all the relevant detail is complete and accurate
- Timely to progress, deliver and close all deliverables in an efficient manner
- Co-operative to fully support operational and customer service colleagues
- Trustworthy to work hard while out of sight and provide true activity and progress reports
- Aware of the corporate nature and implications of all our dealings
- Proficient in the Microsoft Windows office packages, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Email and Adobe Reader.
Must hold a full clear UK driving licence