Role: - Business Development Manager (Supplements/Nutraceuticals)
Location: - Hybrid- flexible working schedule (Office is based in Lancashire)
Salary: - Competitive basic salary, car allowance/company car & performance related bonuses
Reports to: CEO
Russell- Taylor Group have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager to join one of the fastest growing supplement manufacturers in the UK.
Our client is looking for an individual who has worked ideally within the nutraceutical industry and has experience of bringing in new business, maintaining client relationships and can consistently meet targets which are given to them.
- Develop new and existing business- via NPD and trend analysis
- Build relationships with existing clients to increase current spend
- Build relationships with new customers
- Out and about on the road regularly visiting new and potential customers across the UK and potentially abroad- Visits in the UK are likely to happen once a week.
- Whilst working closely with the CEO- you will be expected to help devise and implement the strategy for meeting sales targets.
- Create, negotiate, and close commercial agreements
- Work closely with the purchasing department to update them on pricing and continually ensuring profitability
- Distinguish cost reduction prospects
- Attending trade shows when necessary
- Build close relationships with the CEO, Purchasing, Technical, Production, QC, Warehouse and Accounts departments.
- Experience within a similar role and industry.
- Experience of working to targets and bringing in new business.
- Experience of developing and maintaining new business and maintaining current relationships.
- Good IT skills which include Microsoft packages and accounting packages (for example Sage)
- Operational attention to detail- understanding challenges in the industry
- Excellent communication skills - Face to face, telephone, and emails
- A basic understanding of nutrition or chemistry
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Driving licence is essential