Russell Taylor are actively recruiting a Business Service Manager to setup and run a Service Department for their Client, a system integrator in Shropshire.
The successful candidate will manage the day to day running of the service department whilst expanding the number of customers utilising the service.
Responsibilities of the Service Business Manager:
* Leading, motivating and managing staff within engineering team.
* Organisation of service, breakdown and repair requests.
* Organisation of the 24 hour telephone support system, including participation in the duty rota (the role is not 24/7).
* Identification of new customers for the Service Department, with a further view to expanding the facilities offered to those offered by the whole of the company.
* Identification of new Out of Hours Support customers.
* Visiting customers and carrying out site audits.
* Ensure that the department generates a profit, but not to the overall detriment of the whole company.
* Assisting with system testing of equipment build and design by the Project Engineering Department.
* Comply with all relevant standards and work to the Company's ISO9001:2008 registered quality procedures.
Services to be offered but not limited to:
* Warranty Support
* Preventative Maintenance
* 24/7 Emergency support
* Spares Obsolescence Management
* Workshop repairs
* Fields Investigation and repairs
* Energy audits
* Small Retrofits & Upgrades
* High level of experience in industrial drive and control systems across a wide range of industrial applications, including working in the system integration sector.
* Detailed working knowledge of Variable speed drives, Servos, PLCs, Robotics and SCADA/HMI, both as products and as used within systems.
* Effective communicator with other company, customer and supplier personnel at all levels.
* Able to manage department budgets and ensure profitability.
* Ability to work either individually or as part of a team.