My client is a highly successful housing developer and due to an ever increasing work load they are now looking to employ an experienced Buyer to their team. We are looking for a passionate individual with a strong track record in delivering exceptional housing developments.
You will be reporting to the Senior Buyer and work as part of a busy team.
- Support the procurement and implementation of group sourcing arrangements.
- Actively contribute to enhancing group profits;
- Support the strategic procurement of group sourcing arrangements;
- Champion the implementation of strategic sourcing arrangements across group. Track and report material and plant fluctuations.
- Provide pre-tender commercial input to ensure accurate net cost estimates and competitive advantage;
- Attendance and participation in Design Team Meetings to influence and steer specifications towards most commercially advantageous solutions;
- Maintain and publish regular and accurate management reporting demonstrating the effectiveness of the central purchasing function and contribution to the group profit improvement / efficiency plan;
- Drive the development of improved purchasing processes and procedures;
- Add value to the site team in terms of procurement practices
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- At least 5 years' experience in a Buyer role
- Experience buying plant and materials for a housing developer
- A degree in a construction related field would be advantageous
- Have excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Must be computer literate
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this position please apply now or contact Aisling Ward for more information.