Buyer (Chemical Packaging Manufacturing)
Are you looking for a new role to work for a company who are not only rapidly expanding but also transitioning through numerous business acquisitions to strengthen their group? Do you want to work for a business that will offer you continued support and development as well as career advancement opportunities? If YES, then this could be your new role!
In your new role as our clients Buyer you will be solely responsible for both direct and indirect spend with supplier based within the UK and Europe. You will also be arranging daily/weekly correspondences and booking confirmations with multiple hauliers, via the Haulier Matrix, to seek guidance on which haulier is best to transport which products and raw materials and from which depot.
- To manage multiple spend categories, include inks, solvents, adhesives, cores, consumables, services and transport
- To monitor and maintain price lists and system prices
- To manage tenders and negotiate prices
- To manage and report rebate progress
- To raise and manage purchase orders
- To calculate and maintain effective stock levels
- To maintain system data to support supplier performance monitoring
- To develop strong supplier relationships through regular review meetings and close collaboration
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong IT skills and proficiency in MS Office particularly Excel
- Able to support, develop and motivate others, great communications skills both written and spoken.
- IT literate, knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Energetic, passionate and excellent people skills
Contractual Features and Benefits
- Challenging tasks and inspiring projects within a successful, dynamic and flexible environment
- An international and encouraging market leader of the packaging & paper industry
- Share Scheme
- Death in Service,
- Fully subsidised parking
- Childcare Vouchers
- Individual development opportunities (Company Academy)
Please click on the link to apply ensuring that all of your contact details and your CV is fully updated.
We very much look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager