My client is a highly successful regional construction contractor that has a long standing reputation for quality.
Due to succession planning they are now looking to employ an experienced Senior Buyer to their team. We are looking for a passionate individual with a strong track record in delivering exceptional new build and refurbishment projects between £1m - £12m.
- Support the procurement and implementation of group sourcing arrangements.
- Actively contribute to enhancing group profits;
- Support the strategic procurement of group sourcing arrangements;
- Champion the implementation of strategic sourcing arrangements across group. Track and report material and plant fluctuations.
- Provide pre-tender commercial input to ensure accurate net cost estimates and competitive advantage;
- Attendance and participation in Design Team Meetings to influence and steer specifications towards most commercially advantageous solutions;
- Maintain and publish regular and accurate management reporting demonstrating the effectiveness of the central purchasing function and contribution to the group profit improvement / efficiency plan;
- Drive the development of improved purchasing processes and procedures;
- Add value to the site team in terms of procurement practices
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- At least 5 years experience in a Buyer role
- A degree in a construction related field would be advantageous
- Have excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Must be computer literate
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this position please apply now or contact Aisling Ward for more information.