My client is a well established regional construction contractor based on the Wirral that has a long standing reputation for quality.
Due to a strong pipeline of work they are now looking to employ an experienced Buyer to their team.
- Procurement and implementation of sourcing arrangements.
- Actively contribute to enhancing company profits;
- Support the strategic procurement of sourcing arrangements;
- Champion the implementation of strategic sourcing arrangements across group. Track and report material and plant fluctuations.
- Provide pre-tender commercial input to ensure accurate net cost estimates and competitive advantage;
- Attendance and participation in Design Team Meetings to influence and steer specifications towards most commercially advantageous solutions;
- Maintain and publish regular and accurate management reporting demonstrating the effectiveness of the central purchasing function and contribution to the group profit improvement / efficiency plan;
- Drive the development of improved purchasing processes and procedures;
- Add value to the site team in terms of procurement practices
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- At least 3 years experience in a Buyer role in the construction industry
- A degree in a construction related field would be advantageous
- Have excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Must be computer literate
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this position please apply now or contact Aisling Groarke on 01517375560 for more information.