Looking to recruit a Buying Manager for a FMCG operation
To oversee all planning and purchasing activity keeping all schedules in line with sales
forecasts and ensuring that the optimum level of stock is maintained and SOP & GMP
principles are followed whilst maximising cost savings.
- To negotiate favourable payment terms with suppliers
- To ensure all materials are purchased effectively and in a timely manner according to schedules, forecasts and orders.
- To operate and maintain planning software system in use for manufacturing and packing
- To plan and monitor stock levels to ensure stock is maintained at an agreed level and value
- To reduce lead times on materials to allow us to react to short lead times with customers
- To take part in NPD meetings, sourcing new and replacement materials in line with these meetings
- To supervise buying and planning team
- To source secondary suppliers for materials used
- To provide accurate, relevant and timely information and reports for Team Leaders, Director of Operations and other Managers as required.
- To liaise with the Sales and Marketing, Technical and Operations as a whole, to ensure the schedules are maintained.
- To provide training and coaching to other team members as required.
- To keep your area of work clean and tidy, adhering to set housekeeping standards to minimise contamination.
- To be flexible and adaptable and assist other team members as required to help ensure targets are met.
- To communicate with the team and inform the Director of Operations of any difficulties at any time throughout the day.
- To work towards continuous improvement.
- Stock value targets
- Stock availability targets
- Savings costs for the company
- New products launched at the agreed time
The role will come with a competitive salary £34 to 36k