Looking to recruit a Buying / Planning Manager CIPS qualified for a FMCG operation based near Preston.
To oversee all planning and purchasing activity keeping all schedules in line with sales
forecasts and ensuring that the optimum level of stock is maintained and SOP & GMP
principles are followed whilst maximising cost savings.
- To negotiate favourable payment terms with suppliers
- To ensure all materials are purchased effectively and in a timely manner according to schedules, forecasts and orders.
- To operate and maintain planning software system in use for manufacturing and packing
- To plan and monitor stock levels to ensure stock is maintained at an agreed level and value
- To reduce lead times on materials to allow us to react to short lead times with customers
- To take part in NPD meetings, sourcing new and replacement materials in line with these meetings
- To supervise buying and planning team
- To source secondary suppliers for materials used
- To provide accurate, relevant and timely information and reports for Team Leaders, Director of Operations and other Managers as required.
- To liaise with the Sales and Marketing, Technical and Operations as a whole, to ensure the schedules are maintained.
- To provide training and coaching to other team members as required.
- To keep your area of work clean and tidy, adhering to set housekeeping standards to minimise contamination.
- To be flexible and adaptable and assist other team members as required to help ensure targets are met.
- To communicate with the team and inform the Director of Operations of any difficulties at any time throughout the day.
- To work towards continuous improvement.
- Stock value targets
- Stock availability targets
- Savings costs for the company
- New products launched at the agreed time
The role will come with a competitive salary £34 to 38k