Control & Instrument Design Engineer
Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for a C&I Design Engineer to work on packaged equipment within the Oil and Gas industry.
* Take ownership of the Electrical and Control & Instrumentation elements of project design packages.
* Produce design packs to client specifications and subsequent modifications within the allocated hours provided for the project.
* Responsible for development of C&I design packages for projects.
* Responsible for development of power and distribution designs at 415V and below.
* Translate User Requirements Specification into Functional Design Specification for projects.
* Produce Conceptual Design documentation and take through to detailed design, data sheets and manufacturing support information.
* Create material specifications (Bill of Materials) for Procurement to source and purchase.
* Undertake value engineering activities to address cost or design performance of the solution designs.
* Effectively maintain design records in line with the QA system.
* Producing the factory acceptance test documentation, installation support information and commissioning documentation.
* Liaise with various disciplines including, Mechanical, Process, Software and CAD in respect to design interface.
* Attend meetings with the client with respect to design reviews and progress updates in support of the project manager.
* Have an attention to detail including closely monitoring project schedule and costs to identify ways to reduce costs.
* Prepare documentation for Formal Safety Assessments and for O&M manuals.
* Peer review the designs of fellow Engineers.
* Participate in Design Working Groups to enhance the design standards within the department.
* Liaison with suppliers with respect to confirming the specification and equipment performance parameters, and where necessary outline costs for said equipment.
* Monitor budgeted hours for design work and report back to the Project Manager on progress, any issues and any potential overspend.
* You must possess a minimum of HNC / HND in Electrical, Control or Instrumentation Engineering or an associated discipline.
* Knowledge and experience of the design life cycle of a project.
* Experience working in a structured design engineering environment.
* Experience of producing designs for the gas distribution or transmission networks, oil and gas or petrochemical industries.
* Previous experience of producing Electrical or Control & Instrumentation designs for hazardous area applications would be desirable although we would consider applications from individuals who have a working knowledge of ATEX regulations.
* Good communication skills both written and verbal ensuring you communicate well with your colleagues and the customers.
* BEng in Electrical Engineering.
* Experience of the gas network formal design processes such as IGEM GL5 or National Grid G35, Cadent/NGN G17, SGN PS6 design processes.
* Familiarisation with Gas Network Design Standards / Specifications.
* Experience in gas measurement, gas or liquid metering systems, gas sampling systems or gas analysers.