C&I Design Engineer
Russell Taylor are actively recruiting a C&I Design Engineer to work on packaged equipment within the Oil and Gas industry.
* The successful candidate will design Electrical, Control and Instrumentation systems for gas flow control, monitoring, data acquisition, remote satellite telemetry and gas emissions monitoring.
* They will take ownership of the C&I elements of project design packages for the lifecycle from Sales to Project Acceptance.
* Translating the User Requirements Specification into a Functional Design Specification involving potentially detailed customer liaison and tracking/controlling technical questions.
* Producing a Conceptual Design document and taking this through to detailed design, data sheets and manufacturing support information, lead design reviews and freezes.
* Site survey, equipment selection and specification, generation of I/O schedules, cable schedules, bills of materials, FAT and SAT, electrical supply design calculations, Intrinsically safe instrumentation and control equipment calculations and generation of full design documentation package for submission to client.
* Technical support for site installation/commissioning teams, liaison with client's project management team
* Liaising with various disciplines including Electrical, Mechanical, Software and CAD in respect to interface design.
* Attending meetings with the client for design reviews and progress updates, helping to control change & variations.
* You must possess a minimum of HNC/HND in C&I Engineering or an associated discipline.
* Knowledge and experience of the design life cycle of a project.
* Experience working in a structured design engineering environment with exposure to a ERP or MRP System.
* Previous experience of producing C&I designs for hazardous area applications would be desirable although we would consider applications from individuals who have a working knowledge of ATEX regulations.