A position has become available for a Production Draughtsperson to work in a fast paced Design Team involved in the supply of marketing leading products into the technically demanding construction market across the UK and Europe.
The successful individual will be working as part of a small but highly motivated team liaising with individuals across multiple departments and sites within the business. You will report daily to the Managing Director.
The role requires the generation of production drawings of a variety of products based upon standardised products and systems or bespoke details to a customers requirements. The candidate will be working from order forms and drawings provided by our clients. The role requires the use of Solidworks 3D modelling software.
The person will be required to gain an in-depth knowledge of the products being produced and will be expected to liaise regularly with Production. There will be opportunities to assist the development team with innovative methods of working to streamline the order processing.
The key KPI's for the role are ensuring details are issued in-line with the project programme and ensuring that the information provided is clear, concise and correct first time.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- The role would suit someone with experience of working in a design office supporting a production environment, ideally from within a fabrication company.
- 3D CAD experience is essential. Ideally utilising Solidworks to create sheetmetal parts. The candidate should be experienced in the standard Microsoft Office software suite.
- The ability to accurately interpret a customer's requirements and a conscientious method of working along with the ability to work to tight deadlines are essential skills.
- Educated to HNC/BTEC level in an Engineering or Construction related subject would be beneficial.
Contractual Features and Benefits
- Monday to Friday - 8am-4.30pm / 8.30am-5pm / 9am-5.30pm (Full flexibility)
- Yearly bonus paid in June and December (based on business performance)
- 23 Days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Government Pension
- Fantastic location and access to motorway and tunnels
- Gym and leisure centre located 2 minutes away
- Great local amenaties - Shops, Pub, Restaurants
Please click on the link to apply, ensuring all of your contact details are fully up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager